Winnow helps kitchens cut food waste in half by making it quick and easy to record exactly what is being wasted through a smart meter. Almost two thirds of the food waste the hospitality sector sends to landfill could have been avoided. Food is the second biggest cost after labour, yet until now there has been no real way of accurately measuring waste. The modern commercial kitchen is effectively an inefficient factory which can waste as much as it generates in profit.
Winnow’s technology is designed with the busy kitchen in mind. Your kitchen staff can go about their day in the usual manner but with just a few clicks they can track how and what food is wasted. Our system provides both real-time and regular reporting on transparent and measurable data, so that you can easily identify areas for reducing your food waste.
The system is really easy to read and understand, it gives us an accurate view of waste on site. For me, being able to see with detail which products are being wasted is incredible.
Ramiro Pujol, Head Chef – HSBC
Here’s how Winnow works:
- Food waste is thrown away in the usual way into any bin, which is placed on our smart weighing meter technology.
- Staff use the simple touchscreen, fully customised to your menu, to quickly identify the type of food thrown away and at what stage. It literally takes seconds.
- Cloud software analyses and records the day’s waste. The menu integration allows the system to automatically record a number of key metrics.
- In real time, staff are shown the value of each item thrown away, driving behaviour change. Daily reports are also sent to your inbox that pinpoint key opportunities to cut waste, benchmark multiple sites and track performance.
- Winnow customers typically save 3-8 % on food cost. Sites using Winnow can expect an ROI of 2x to 10x.
To understand how Winnow can help your establishment reduce waste and save on food costs, do get in touch with our Partner who heads Winnow’s Business Development activities for APAC:
Get in touch with our Asia team